Heating Assistance

ALERT!!  Phone lines will be opening on Monday, August 31st for LIHEAP Fuel Assistance. Call WHCA between 8am – 12pm (Mondays through Fridays) to set up an appointment in Machias, Milbridge, Calais, or Ellsworth.  Applications can take up to a month to process so don’t delay in scheduling your appointment to start the application process.  WHCA workers will do their best to schedule your appointment in the WHCA office nearest to you.  Call:  664-2424, 546-7544, 259-5015 or toll-free at 1-800- 828-7544.  Click here for more information and a list of items to bring to your appointment.

Catholic Charities: 523-2770
Families can call for assistance with fuel

Labor of Love, Greater Eastport Ecumenical Churches Association: 853-2373
Fuel assistance; Salvation Army assistance

Joe for Oil: dial joe-4-oil
Emergency fuel assistance for low-income families

Machias Food Pantry, Centre Street Church: 255-6665
Emergency fuel assistance; Salvation Army assistance

Maine Seacoast Mission, Downeast Campus: 1-866-207-4010
Emergency fuel assistance; Emergency assistance

Washington Hancock Community Agency (WHCA): 1-800-828-7544
LIHEAP and THAW fuel assistance; Assistance with heating system upgrades (ECIP & CHIP). Website has online forms to view or print.